When you’ve been injured or have a serious illness, a visit to the emergency room might be in order. But, no one wants to visit the emergency room Houston and sit for endless hours if it isn’t really necessary. So, how do you know when the time to go to the ER has came, and when you can wait to visit your medical care professional? The information here will help you better decide if it is time to go to the ER.
The cost of an ER visit is about four times more expensive than a visit to the traditional doctor. And so, that is why they are reserved only for emergency situations. But, what are the signs of an emergency that you should be aware of?
Go to the Emergency Room quickly if any of the following situations apply:
- You cannot breathe or are having trouble breathing
- You have had a head injury and passed out or fainted
- You’ve experienced an injury to the neck
- You’ve been struck by lightning
- You’re experiencing chest pain that goes into the arm
- Spinal injury, especially with inability to move
- Electrical shocks
- Seizure lasting more than 3 minutes
- Pain in the jaw or the arm
- Unable to speak or move
- Weakness or inability to move one side of the body
- Serious burns
- Throwing up blood
- Coughing blood
- Bleeding that will not stop
- Allergic reactions
- Suicidal thoughts
Although a visit to the ER might not be something that you want to endure, it is better to get the help that you need quickly rather than risk your health in the long run. It just isn’t worth it.